deciBel is the result of a serious effort to make an Android based SPL meter as close to a professional-grade device as the phone hardware limitations allow.
It uses a Fast Fourier Transform algorithm to implement a high precision A weighting filter and sophisticated digital signal processing techniques to achieve the best possible SPL readings out of your Android phone or tablet.
It displays the current, maximum and minimum values in decibels, and generates 3 kinds of sound pressure level versus time charts. The display can be turned upside down to allow pointing the mic at the sound source.
deciBel is supported by ads.
### Please calibrate before the first use! ###
- true A-Weighting (ANSI S1.4)
- simple calibration interface
- numeric dB, dBmin and dBmax display
- sliding sound level versus time chart
- sliding max, min and average soud level versus time chart
- accumulated sound level exposition chart (dosimeter)
- saves chart screen shots to the SD card
- dominant frequency display
- 22Khz bandwidth at the input of the weighting filter
- 1024 point real time FFT and digital sound processing
- movable to the SD card
deciBel is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-07-27. The program can be installed on Android.
deciBel (version 1.5.23) has a file size of 1.05 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 58 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.